Popular Posts

Monday, June 13, 2011

She scares me...

My grandbaby is one of the friendliest kids there is.  She knows no strangers....and that is what scares me.

When we are travelling she will talk to any stranger  whether they talk to her or not.  I have to keep a tight hold on her or she will go off with anyone.  I awoke this morning and decided to check on her before taking my shower.  She was in her room watching t.v so I jumped in the shower.  I heard the dogs barking and pulled a dress on to see what they were barking about.  I was walking towards my front door when the door bell rang. I opened it and there was my granddaughter, standing there, holding the hand of a perfect stranger and inviting him into the house with her. I very calmly grabbed her hand and pulled her inside as the stranger told me he was looking for our neighbor and decided to stop here to see if we knew where he was. He stopped at our place and she bounded out the back door to his car.

Apparently my husband forgot to lock the back door.  Needless to say that will not happen again.  But how do I get her to stop this?  It scared me so bad.  That man could have been a molester or murderer.  We will have to watch her very carefully.  I have been trying to tell her about stranger danger but she is having a problem understanding it, it seems.

8 comments:

  1. Garnet did you see 20/20 the other night, it was about kids with Williams Disease. They love everyone even strangers dressed in dark clothes and hoodies. People take advantage of them as they are so friendly. Google it sweetie, they may have tips for you to show her the difference between a stranger and someone she knows.......:-)Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ours is like that too -- maybe not quite so much but certainly very much leaning that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Bernie said there is actually an illness that prevents children from being scared of strangers so it is really bad for some parents. Not saying yours is but the extra caution is highly recommended.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Repetition,repetition, repetition. Eventually it will become habit. You have to talk about this to her everyday. Also I'm sure there are some childrens books about strangers at the library. Good Luck Garnet. Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely do some research on this one Garnet. Better to be over cautious than sorry. I wouldn't want to be a parent just starting out today. This world is pretty scary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hate to hear it...sorry I have no advice that would help...so I'll send her prayer.
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the kind words and advice. I am going to google that.

    ReplyDelete